I had a great bbq lunch a few weeks ago with a friend and the one thing that I had to race home and make was the Feta and Herb Dip.
The dip is meant to be mixed with the herbs separately, resulting in a pretty white dip studded with herbs- but I couldn’t wait so just dumped everything into the blender so I could eat it sooner.
Feta and herb dip
- 250g feta cheese, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, chopped
Combine feta, garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and oil in a food processor. Process until smooth. Remove to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in dill and mint.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. It is that easy!
Taken from taste.com
Mmmmmm brownies. Is there anything better, really is there? I make these for gifts, munchies and for chocoholics!
My go to recipe is from Nigella Lawson, first seen on her Nigella Bites- Christmas episode and then in her book Feast.
- 375g best quality dark chocolate
- 375g unsalted butter at room temperature at least
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 350g sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 225g plain flour
- 250g white chocolate buttons
(I also went for extra extra chocolate-y goodness with 250g of milk chocolate buttons as well)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4/350F.
2. Line your brownie pan base and sides.
3. Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in a large heavy based pan.
4. In a bowl or wide mouthed large measuring jug, beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla.
5. Measure the flour into another bowl and add the salt.
6. When the chocolate mixture has melted let it cool a bit before beating in the eggs and sugar, and then the flour.
7. Finally fold in the white chocolate buttons. Beat to combine smoothly and then scrape out of the saucepan into the lined pan. Bake for about 25 mins.
8. The brownies are ready, when the top is dried to a paler brown speckle, but the middle is dark and dense and gooey still; remember that they will continue to cook as they cool
Recipe also available from Channel 4