This is all I could think of for days after hearing this weeks Rescue theme.
So what do I need rescuing from. 2 things.
1) My stupidity in following links and finding things way too interesting.
2) Silly things in my technology reader stream, a.k.a How do these make the news? Update: This post is getting a little long so will do part 2 in another post, another day.
Today I read a post by iLibrarian, in which she looks at courses she would like to do for fun. Being a fan of online courses, I clicked on the MIT Opencourseware link to see what they offered. BIG MISTAKE. I now have a list of ones I would like to look into more in the future. For your entertainment / torture here they are (The brackets are the year the information is taken from):
- Science, Technology and Society
- Technology in History (2010)
- Drugs, Politics, and Culture (2006)
- Technology in a Dangerous World (2002)
- Technology and Culture (2006)
- Cultures of Computing (2011)
- Cold War Science (2008)
- Technologies for Creative Learning (2009)
- Technology and the Literary Imagination (2008)
- Cultural History of Technology (2005)
- The Anthropology of Cybercultures (2009)
- Foundations of World Culture I: World Civilizations and Texts (2011)
- Foundations of Western Culture: The Making of the Modern World (2010)
- Foundations of Western Culture II (2002)
- Foundations of Western Culture II: Renaissance to Modernity (2003)
- Foundations of World Culture II: World Literatures and Texts (2012)
- Reading Fiction (Fall 2008)
- Introduction to Fiction (Fall 2003)
- Reading Fiction (Spring 2007)
- World Literatures: Travel Writing (2008)
- The Film Experience (2012)
- Bestsellers: Detective Fiction (2006)
- Popular Narrative: Masterminds (2004)
- Major English Novels (Spring 2009)
- Major Authors: America’s Literary Scientists (2010)
- Major Authors: Rewriting Genesis: “Paradise Lost” and Twentieth-Century Fantasy (2009)
- Arthurian Literature and Celtic Colonization (2005)
- Studies in Literary History: Modernism: From Nietzsche to Fellini (2010)
- Media in Cultural Context (2007)
- Media in Cultural Context: Popular Readerships (2007)
- Music and Theatre Arts
- Writing and Humanistic Studies
I told you it was a long list!